Wednesday, January 20, 2010

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

Hola! I should start on my homework. So much to do after just two days of school.

I wanted to share with you a photo of a drawing by one of the children in Ecuador.


Jesus and his disciples are enjoying bread and wine. When I found this drawing, I felt like I discovered a treasure. I did not meet the artist; I just know his name, Oscar. I was at Le Marin one day playing with the children. A few girls were chasing after me, and I found some recluse in the biblioteca. I sat down to watch one of the full-time volunteers tutor the girls, and I found this notebook underneath the table. In it were some of the most amazing depictions of Jesus. There was one where Jesus was carrying the cross and Simon helped him. Oscar really knew his stuff. I only took one photo to respect the student's privacy. Throughout my trip, I was amazed to see bits and pieces of references to Jesus everywhere I went.

Will update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment