Monday, January 18, 2010

Alternative Breaks

I recently came back from an Alternative Breaks trip (AB) to Ecuador. The best part of Ecuador was being surrounded by nature. I was volunteering in the capital, Quito, which is filled with smog. But once I stepped outside into the mountains for a hike or into the hills to visit families' homes, the view is breath-taking.

Above is a photo of the metro station. The AB group would take the bus to go the Le Marin center to shadow the full-time volunteers. I love how futuristic the station looks.

And I took this one during a two-day trip to Banos. This a touristy town with great food for "gringos." There's also a lot of adventurous activities you can do such as hiking, biking, and zip lining.

I love AB trips. They make my undergraduate experience complete.

Oh, just in case you were wondering what camera I used (which I highly doubt you care), I brought along my Canon SD600. It's small and lightweight, and I didn't have to worry about sacrificing the quality of the photos.

I will upload some more photos from my volunteer trip. I would like to digest my experience first and absorb the wonderful emotions I have encountered and the beautiful people I have met on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment