Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Silencio

Good morning. I started this photography blog to share my thoughts. I hope you find the photos uplifting and inspiring. I will share photos that I have taken as well as photos from other artists that leave an imprint in my memory.

Here are some photos that I took on a five-day silent retreat.



I have remained silent about several issues. But through reflection, God gave me a voice. My spiritual director was able to guide me, and the whole community was able to help me as well.





I was amazed at how time quickly flew by as I walked around and took notice of the small details.







At the retreat in Malibu, there were little pieces of tile scattered throughout the walkways. I found them to be ambiguous yet beautiful.







On the last day, the sprinklers came on, which created a clarifying and pure atmosphere. So I took a picture of the reflection created from the water.



This experience has allowed me encounter God's unconditional love. I used to think I had to earn His love, but now I know that it is given to each and every one of us. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment