Saturday, April 10, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's


Aw man! I wrote a review yesterday for Breakfast at Tiffany's on Amazon.com that I was planning on copying and pasting onto here, but I forgot to click "Publish my review." Silly me. It was a pretty darn good review too. Here's what I remember of my review from memory:

Breakfast at Tiffany's is a classic. While some may dismiss the film as an overrated romantic comedy, it reaches out to me on so many different levels. Audrey Hepburn's style is impeccable. In the beginning of the movie, she walks the New York streets in a fine Givenchy black dress. Throughout the movie, she is spotted wearing modern and fresh coats and dresses. Hepburn's costar, George Peppard, is easy on the eyes.

There is a depth to this film that touches the heart and tugs at the broken frailty of humanity. The somber music adds richness to the scenes, and it proves that this is not a typical romantic comedy. Hepburn plays a callgirl, and she refuses to recognize love when she finds it.

One of my favorite scenes is when Hepburn is in Tiffany & Co, and the salesman says that it gives him a "sense of solidarity and a continuity with the past" to know that Cracker Jacks still puts prizes in their snacks. It's lighthearted yet nostalgic at the same time.

I think that's what I wrote - it's close enough. :)

1 comment:

  1. can u believe that i still haven't seen this movie?? shame on me! haha thanks for the review:)

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete