Sunday, March 14, 2010

Challenge Yourself


Good afternoon! The weather is so nice; I want to go to the beach. But I spent today at the 'brary catching up on my homework. Mom said that I needed to get a B. (Hi, Mom!) I was a good student today. :)

I have new goals to challenge myself and get out of a rut. I enrolled in a Try-Athalon, and I have until March 22 to complete 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of biking, and 26.2 miles of running/walking. I have completed less than 10%, but I have done more than my usual work-out routine. So all is looking well.

Swimming is the hardest part because I'm naturally inclined to sink. But taking up yoga has helped me maintain composure and posture. Yoga is a cure-all. My back rarely hurts, and if it does then I recover in one or two days (normally I would be in pain for a week). I am also able to listen to my body more. If I feel pain in my knees, then I know that I need to slow down my routine.

I can breathe a little lighter in love. Running used to be my first love. I love the adrenaline rush. However, I am finding other sports that seem to bring me joy. What activity challenges you?

Since I rarely take photos, I decided to make a blog for my active lifestyle adventures!
http://gohappyheart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment